Straight from the homes of the Whites and the Fletchers:
10. I can't empty the dishwasher because my legs hurt
9. I don't have a pencil
8. I have a headache, but maybe a piece of candy will make it better?
7. I can't do my math because my . . . is sticking up . . .
6. I've done more work than she has so I'm going to slow down so she can catch up.
5. I need to go brush my teeth. Dad said.
4. I thought I heard something downstairs so I went to see but I was scared so I had to go get on my bed.
3. I remembered that I had to go wash my bike. Dad said.
2. I needed to do my Bible Study instead. (Implied meaning: I think that makes Jesus happier than doing what you told me to.)
1. Oh. Is it chore time?