Dana asked me, "What's on the clipboard you carry around?" Well, I don't remember as I've been clipboard-free all summer long!
Alas, school is creeping up on our household, and once I start to feel better I will also have to reclaim responsibility for all the household tasks I've pawned off on my (mostly) willing family members.
So, what is on the clipboard?
- A copy of our current schedule, safely ensconsed in a sheet protector.
- The week's tasks as already thought out by Motivated Moms. I also jot down other things on these sheets that we need to accomplish.
- Each child's list of schoolwork for the year. These are simple lists that just remind my muddled brain of who is studying what and in what book.
- A list of chores that can be used as discipline. Off the cuff I can look at this list and assign a little extra work to a child who has earned it. Sample jobs are cleaning the mailbox, cleaning the garage and front doors, and assembling a snack for the preschoolerer for after her nap.
- Anything else I add for the day that I want to be constantly reminded to do, such as thank you notes or phone numbers for calls I need to make.
In short, the clipboard is my mobile brain. I think I've mentioned this before, but thinking by the seat of my pants isn't one of my strong suits. I am a planner and when the kids are all talking at once, the dog is barking, and dinner needs to be made, I. just. can't. think.